Temporary exhibition of colorful finches

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Stine
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Temporary exhibition of colorful finches

Post by Stine » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:42 am

Oh yes, the parents.. Actually sometimes they are not much better. I've had adults open the bird cages and put their hands inside to see if the birds were tame, without asking. We are SO going to get locks for the cages.

Honestly we have next to nothing right now :P A single budgie, a few gouldians and button quail. We still haven't got our permanent cages so we just have a few temporary ones standing around.
My boss did provide me with a price list from a dutch company that wants to sell us birds though, and asked me to select which ones we should get ^^ That kind of feels like Christmas. Though I'll probably play it safe at first and only go for things like zebras, bourks, cockatiels, budgies, lovebirds, societies, canaries, diamond doves and such. They had japanese nightingales for 75 euro if I recall correctly.. And macaws, amazons, cockatoos and such that are too large for us and caiques and similar sized birds that are worth considering.

I'll suggest a lovebird aviary and a zebra finch/canary aviary then :)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Stine

Oh boy-oh boy....
Given a chance to order what you want from this Dutch company. I think I'd go a little craaazzzyyy \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

I have never seen or heard of Japanese Nightingales... now I'll have to look them up and more than likely start drooling.

What else they got?
Do they have like a catalogue on line?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Stine
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by Stine » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:49 am

No prices online, but yes, they have a stock list ^^
http://www.animaltradingcompany.com/nl/voorraad

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:48 am

Stine

Too bad that they don't have pictures of all their birds.
It looks like quite the setup that they have over there.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~