FULL INFO ABOUT PEARL SOCIETY FINCHES history of them

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Full info on Pearl Society Finches and their history

Post by Stuart whiting » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:45 pm

Fraza wrote:
Stuart whiting wrote:
Sheather wrote: Interesting, I've never seen a pearl society finch here.
You'd really and truly love to be able to see em Dylan, there's actually a fair few of here in England, it's generally only the serious breeders and exhibitors that tend to have the Pearls :thumbup:

Does that mean I’m an amazing breeder then :mrgreen: lol
Erm sorry but in a word no :-J

Don't forget yer still a beginner and there'll be lots you'll need to learn but don't despair because you will get there :-BD

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: FULL INFO ABOUT PEARL SOCIETY FINCHES history of them

Post by Fraza » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:01 pm

Stuart whiting wow harsh or not :^o
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:33 am

Fraza wrote: Stuart whiting wow harsh or not :^o
Fraza mate, it wasn't meant to be affensive, I'm just mearly speaking to what I would feel to be true,
it's barely been a year of bird keeping for you and like everything try to walk before you can run,

I generally classify someone with in excess of at least 10 years of bird keeping before I'd even really consider them to being marginally experienced :-B

I've bred and exhibited British, mules, canaries and now also foreign for around 37 years and am still learning as we never stop learning but gain more and more experience as the years go by :YMSMUG:

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:02 am

Stuart whiting yeh ino I didn’t take it offensive I was joking

Also I know I’m a beginner and only had society’s and zebra finches and obvs ur the opposite 37 years proves it anyway do u think the cost of a grey pearl would be higher
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:38 am

Fraza wrote: Stuart whiting yeh ino I didn’t take it offensive I was joking

Also I know I’m a beginner and only had society’s and zebra finches and obvs ur the opposite 37 years proves it anyway do u think the cost of a grey pearl would be higher
Yea I would of generally thought so, most of the more unusual mutations normally are a bit more, in terms of bengalese I wouldn't of said loads more but maybe a few £'s more

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:00 pm

Stuart whiting Yep shud be better tho anyway have you ever used Spock to sell finches
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

hanabi
Mature
Mature

Post by hanabi » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Fraza
really that’s crazy I have a really nice male and have been trying to breed him to get more pearls but having no luck after 6 clutches hopefully the 7th that’s hatching at the moment with new female might
Fraza, the Pearl mutation is sex-linked, so if your cock Society is a true Pearl then all female offspring will be Pearl. Are you saying after six clutches that you haven't had any hen offspring? Only cocks? Now that would be crazy :)
Ross at Lake Biwa, Japan
African Silverbill, Chestnut-Breasted Munia, Common Waxbill, Diamond Finch, Forbes Parrotfinch, Gold-Breasted Waxbill, Gouldian Finch, Masked Finch, Owl Finch, Painted Firetail Finch, Pintailed Parrotfinch, Plumhead Finch, Red-Billed Firefinch, Red-browed Firetail Finch, Scaly-Breasted Munia, Self Society Finch, Star Finch.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:07 am

hanabi no I’ve had males just haven’t had any come out identical to him they always vary out a white wing or come out a very light grey or without the v cross marking haha :D

I’ve only ever bred him with a light fawn but he’s now with a different one
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 am

Fraza wrote: Stuart whiting Yep shud be better tho anyway have you ever used Spock to sell finches
Erh :-??......what in erf is Spock X_X ......lol

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:07 pm

Stuart whiting you never heard of it that’s suorisin it’s advertised everywhere it’s just a selling website like gumtree, sorta like eBay but you can sell animals on it
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Fraza wrote: Stuart whiting you never heard of it that’s suorisin it’s advertised everywhere it’s just a selling website like gumtree, sorta like eBay but you can sell animals on it
Suorisin I think not Fraza, I'm presuming it's basically an animal / bird selling site, like gumtree then,

So you buy yer birds off of this Spock site like gumtree, eBay #-o

Na Fraza I most definitely wouldn't buy any of my birds from sites like this, not unless yer mainly want rubish [-X

My birds are in excess of £150 - £300 each and there'd be absolutely no way would I ever sell or buy birds on any websites like these, my birds are bought from or sold to from other well know softbill breeders that I've known for many years, I also get put onto other various experienced bird men from other good freinds and is how we make good reliable contacts with one another up and down the country, it's basically like one big family tree amongst ourselves :-BD

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:27 pm

Stuart whiting I never buy from these however just thinking of selling some of my society’s on there rather than a pet shop

Also it doesn’t mean birds are bad of here you could easily sell one of yours on there and it wouldn’t mean it’s a bad one just because it’s off a certain website rather than buying from contacts s
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:38 pm

Contacts or someone you know I agree I wouldn’t buy birds from there off anyone but you can get some genuine people :D
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:59 am

Fraza

I suppose it's useful to sell birds but I'd definitely not buy, wouldn't know who I'm buying from and would they be genuinely there own bred birds,

Yes I suppose that occasionally one might get lucky on these sites and pick up something good but I feel far safer in buying birds off of people who I know or know of and especially if they've got a very good reputation for there birds,
like wise people come to me for the odd few birds etc and to share and and discuss knowledge,
A lot of it is all about trust and reputation amongst people and most of whom are often freinds :-BD

I can pay a lot of money for me birds as mentioned often between £150 - £300 each and occasionally more and definitely wouldn't like the thought of buying and paying out a lot of money if I didn't know nothing about the person and more importantly where the birds actually came from,

Also remember that there are a lot of dodgy birds that float about through various bird set ups aswell as bird sales and what have you,

With expensive birds we generally have to be on our toes and watch out for anything that seems dodgy,

Remember if yer buy from someone who you personally do not know and know nothing about under no circumstances allow anyone to know of your location [-X
Last edited by Stuart whiting on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:11 am

Stuart whiting yeh your right actually think I’m gonna make my own little cages tho to give to people when they buy my birds
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL