Painted Manakin

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Dave
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Painted Manakin

Post by Dave » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:26 pm

A bird we're not likely to get for our aviaries, but interesting nonetheless:

https://www.axios.com/axios-science-250 ... belltitem5
Dave

Campbellsville, Kentucky, USA
Canaries

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Painted Manakin

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:43 am

Dave

Arh yes those tiny little manikins, truly loverly little birds but like yer say the chances of ever seeing em in aviculture are practically zero :(

Thanks for sharing

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:48 am

Dave

What a beautiful tiny bird.
Isn't it amazing, that they're still discovering new species out in the great wilds. Our natural world is still a wonderful place, isn't it?
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:38 am

Dave

Beautiful little bird.....I love the red tuft of feathers on the head !!! Thanks for posting !!! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Stuart whiting
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Stuart whiting » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:46 pm

lovezebs wrote: Dave

What a beautiful tiny bird.
Isn't it amazing, that they're still discovering new species out in the great wilds. Our natural world is still a wonderful place, isn't it?
Very much agreed there Elana, this little bird has been in existence for many many years, I'm talking many hundreds of years and in some cases is only teems of scientists and biologist that seem to ever find such birds whilst on there expeditions of research etc,

These manikins are so far out into the sticks IE tropics of the Amazon and rain forests of Peru that under normal circumstances they'd never see human contact or habitation and is often why many birds go undiscovered.

I quite rightly believe that no doubt there are birds at this very moment that haven't yet been discovered somewhere around the world, it sure wouldn't atall surprise me :YMSMUG: