Another newbie in need of LOTS OF HELP

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
AnnTM
Pip
Pip

Re: Another newbie in need of LOTS OF HELP

Post by AnnTM » Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:14 am

Hello All,

Here is another update on my fledglings. I have 2 very healthy and active ones left out of the clutch of 5. Poor #3 didn't make it. Aside from the fact that I do believe I interfered too much, he/she definitely looked to be deformed. Don't know for sure of course, but I do believe it was doomed from the start. I feel very badly, but at least I do have two that seem to be very happy and feisty.

I now feel I am getting the hang of being caretaker of 6 lively and lovely birds. I am even thinking of getting a pure white pair. I have 3 cages now, besides the 31x20x53 flight cage. I think splitting the males from the females and alternating equal time in both size cages might keep them happy and also give them a change of scenery. Any thoughts on that? OR, would that be a bad thing to move them from one cage to another? I certainly don't want to cause them any more stress. Just didn't want one group to have the nice big flight cage all the time, while the others would have to be in two(if I get white pair) smaller cages. Also, do you think it would be MORE stressful or LESS stressful to keep them separated at ALL times?

I will wait to hear from any of you, who have much more experience than I do, before adding to my flock OR changing their environment. I am sooooooo grateful for this forum. I would have been lost without all the knowledge y'all have shared with me.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post. As always I look forward to reading any advice you might have for this novice.

ATM and the gang

SaphyreSkye
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Another newbie in need of LOTS OF HELP

Post by SaphyreSkye » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:21 am

Hello Everyone! I've been reading this thread and that thread and appreciate all the advice! I am still trying to figure my way around this forum and all its workings. My Zebras have now laid 5 to 7 eggs (I'm afraid 2 have been buried when we moved the original 2 over from the food dish to establish the new nest) so I will keep on reading my way around. Tons a great advice! Thanks again!
~*~Liz~*~