New Here!

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
CoMtnGal
Nestling
Nestling

New Here!

Post by CoMtnGal » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 pm

Hi folks!

What a great forum! I've recently gotten back into kept birds (always a wild bird watcher, photographer, feeder) and have locally acquired my birds so far: Blue-billed Fire Finch, m., Lavender Waxbill - m, I think by his two-note call, a pair of Orange-cheeked, a little rough and not sure of their age, and a pair of Gold Breasted Waxbills - acquired separately and they took to each other right away! Also a pair of Blue-capped Waxbills - again acquired at two different places - fun to find a pair! It's taken them several days but they are finally happy together. I'd love to find friends for the Fire and Lavender at some point. I put together two cages for a nice size home for all. Happy to be here and learn! Pics included.

Connie - Aurora, CO
Attachments
IMG_8599 (2).jpg
IMG_8587 (2).jpg
Connie
http://www.aslansown.com
Is He Safe? "Safe? Of course He isn't safe, but He's good. He's the King I tell you."

Madcat
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: New Here!

Post by Madcat » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:15 pm

Welcome!!!! Glad you've gotten back into the hobby. Great way to expand flight space!!!! You have a great variety. Would be a treat to see some of your photography if you care to. Many have posted photos of our birdie friends in the wild.
30+ Gouldians
1 Red Cheeked Cordon Bleu
1 White Society
1 Fawn Owl

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care. If you put your general location in your profile, it will help members direct you to where to get supplies, etc. later on.

Glad to see someone with Blue-capped Cordon Bleus, they are getting harder to find. I agree with Madcat, we'd love to see your photos of wild birds too. We have a section called Off-topic that is perfect for such photos!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:38 pm

CoMtnGal

Welcome to the Forum Connie,

Looks like you have some pretty birdies there.
Your cage looks great, however in the long run, with this number of birds and some more coming in the future, you might want to think of acquiring a flight for the kids, so that they can really stretch out their wings a bit.

Would love to see some of your wild bird photography.

This is a great Forum, with lots of wonderful people.

Warm regards and good luck with your birds.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:23 pm

CoMtnGal

Welcome to the Forum. =D> Love the photos!!