My first pair of Goulds

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Re: My first pair of Goulds

Post by MisterGribs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Babs This is exactly what happened to my Vilu. She destroyed it in two days, singlebeakedly.
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 pm

MisterGribs

Isn't it weird how they ignore their cuttle bone for what seems like forever, then suddenly it's like grgrrrcrunchgrrrlll and it's gone in no time flat, shaved right down to the hard part (and they chew on that too...) #-o
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

MisterGribs
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by MisterGribs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:40 pm

lovezebs yeah, even in the middle of the night we would hear the RIGGITT RIGGITY RIG of her desperate, savage maulings. She went through a lotof water, too..
2 black cheek zebras and 5 CFW zebras, one A&M pied coturnix hen, my darling cream/lavender coturnix roo, and his attitude.

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Caprice Acres

Hi from Massachusetts !! Congratulations on your new Gouldians, they are very pretty. I am a new owner of Gouldians also and know where you are coming from, mine are also quite shy at trying new things.
Through trial and error my two will eat broccoli pieces, (they seem to prefer to pull of the sprouts themselves and organic pea shoots, and sometimes little slices of oranges. I have tried Elana,s recipe for egg food (my birds thank-you Elana ) and all my birds even the gouldians will eat that. Good luck and keep trying and experimenting !!!
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:53 pm

lem2bert

So happy they like my recipe.

As I've said, all of mine from tiny Goldbreasts to Javas and Budgies, love it.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Caprice Acres
Pip
Pip

Post by Caprice Acres » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:27 pm

I bought a garlic press today, so your egg food is on my list 'to do'. ;) Gonna have to get some freeze dried meal worms. :)
Dona Barski - New Gould owner

Caprice Acres
- ADGA PLUS herd of French and American Alpine Dairy Goats