PAIRING

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Pococok
Pip
Pip

PAIRING

Post by Pococok » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:18 pm

I bought 1cock and 1hen, how can i determine that they are pair or bonded so i can put a nest. Or how can i say that they are pair and going to have an eggs? Thank you.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: PAIRING

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Pococok

Welcome to the forum. What type of finch do you have?

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:22 am

Pococok

Hello and welcome to the Forum.

Congratulations on your new birds.
For us to be able to help you, we need to know what species of birds you have, or maybe post a picture.

Best wishes.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Pococok
Pip
Pip

Post by Pococok » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:00 am

Sorry. I forgot to indicate what finches I bought. It's a Zebra Finches. Chesnut. Thank you

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:10 am

Normally with Zebras, they will bond quite easily, and you will have more babies than you know what to do with! Before letting them have a nest, decide what you will do with the babies, as it isn't always easy to find homes for them.

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier for members to help you.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:07 am

Pococok

Ok then...

This is a Chestnut Flanked White (male on the left, female on the right)

Hope this is helpful :D
Attachments
Screenshot_20170310-225424.png
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Pococok
Pip
Pip

Post by Pococok » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:48 am

Sally wrote: Normally with Zebras, they will bond quite easily, and you will have more babies than you know what to do with! Before letting them have a nest, decide what you will do with the babies, as it isn't always easy to find homes for them.

Welcome to the forum! There's lots of good reading at http://www.finchinfo.com, where you will find many articles on finch care. If you put your general location in your profile, it makes it easier for members to help you.
lovezebs wrote: Pococok

Thank you!!
Ok then...

This is a Chestnut Flanked White (male on the left, female on the right)

Hope this is helpful :D

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:00 pm

Pococok

Hi from Massachusetts !! I am not familiar with Zebra finches, but many members here are and it looks like you are getting great information already !! Looking forward to seeing your birds and how everything is going !! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.

Pococok
Pip
Pip

Post by Pococok » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:06 pm

My first zebra finches is a normal mutation and it is pair and bonded. After a week. It gives me eggs. And still waiting them to hatch. My second pair is a chesnut. It came from a colony. And im niw planning to put a nest to them as others said that zf are easy to get bonded. Got 3pcs double cage here. And i dont know what mutations to buy. Planning to get crested ones coz they are cool. Hehehe

lem2bert
1 Egg Laid
1 Egg Laid

Post by lem2bert » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Pococok

Congratulation on the eggs !! So exciting !! :)
Betty 1 toy poodle and canary.