Society Finch in nest for long periods

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
justread
Hatchling
Hatchling

Re: Society Finch in nest for long periods

Post by justread » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 pm

Well, so far I am safe. Two wee finches, who, so far, are confined to their cage. I wish otherwise, but this office is not good place for them. When my cat is no longer in this world I can take the birds to the bathroom and let them fly around. I'll just take a book in there and they can fly and plop. I'll have to rig up a couple of decent landing perches, besides the shower rod. But that's down the road.

No sign of eggs yet. Who cares for your birds when you are away?

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 am

justread

I'm never away, LOL!
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

justread
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by justread » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

Oh. well, that solves it. I'm going to take an 11 day holiday shortly. Haven't been away, except over night, for a very long time. Well "before birds."

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:36 pm

justread

Ditto, I don't really go away anywhere for any extended periods of time.
If I were to do so, I suppose my daughter in law would probably step in, with reams of written instructions (the poor girl).
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~