Male gouldian with female

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
athens.asad
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Male gouldian with female

Post by athens.asad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:07 am

Hi All,
I have 3 beautiful male gouldian in a relatively large enclosure.I want to add females .Any idea in what proportion shall I add female lady gouldian. Shall i add 3 females .Will there be fights ?

Thanks

8 Gouldians , 5 shaft tails ,2 owl 6 society finches :-) [album][/album]

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Male gouldian with female

Post by lovezebs » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:57 pm

athens.asad

Hello,

Gouldians, don't tend to be fighting birds.

You might be surprised to hear, that it's actually the females who pick the male of their choice. The males can do all the singing, dancing, and hopping around, but if the girl is not interested, she just says: [-X no thank you, and flies away.

Most females will tend to gravitate towards a male with the same head colour, so that might be helpful in your choice of girls.

I would get three girls, and hope for the best that they will form three bonded pairs <3 <3 <3 .

Good luck :D
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

athens.asad
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Post by athens.asad » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks so much Elana

8 Gouldians , 5 shaft tails ,2 owl 6 society finches :-) [album][/album]

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:45 pm

athens.asad

You're most welcome :D .
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~