confused Gouldian

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
katie
Pip
Pip

confused Gouldian

Post by katie » Thu May 11, 2017 10:06 pm

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has some advice for me. My male Gouldian is in love with a male society finch. Strange , but true.
I got him a girlfriend. He is ok with her. sort of hangs around with her...But, He only does the hoppy dance for that dang society! not to mention the society has a mate and he is not interested. Plus he is male.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: confused Gouldian

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri May 12, 2017 7:08 am

I have a bonded gouldian male and society pair as well. Except my male is blind.

Unless you want breeding, I wouldn't worry about it as long as everyone is happy.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri May 12, 2017 11:50 am

Hi Katie,

If you want to breed your Gouldians, I would remove the Societies from the flight cage.

First of all, because of the rather comical reason you mentioned, and second of all, if your Gouldians do breed and go to nest, the Societies will take the nest over and chase the Gouldians out.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Fri May 12, 2017 10:34 pm

What you are probably seeing is the result of a gouldian raised by society finches, who has imprinted on that species and doesn't know he is not one.
~Dylan

~~~

katie
Pip
Pip

Post by katie » Mon May 15, 2017 4:39 pm

I am new, not sure if all got my relpy , so I will thank you all again. I am as confused as my gouldian. :roll: