Lady Gouldian Love affair

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
athens.asad
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Lady Gouldian Love affair

Post by athens.asad » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 pm

Dear Experts,
I am facing a strange and an interesting issue.I think my yellow female gouldian "Katrina"is in love with me.Everytime she sees me she starts singing .Actually it started when I helped her with the egg binding issue.Few months back her male partner left her and now he HAS started to sit on eggs with another female in the colony.I have removed Kat as she was in a very bad state while egg binding & kept with some juvenile white societies.She is very young and most elegant among my finches .I have taken good care of her & she is fit now.
I am wondering if I should put her back in the colony.Shall now .Will she accept another mate.I have 21 finches ,none of them have shown such affinity to me as her as as if she reads my mind & after how long can she accept another male.

Thanks for understanding

8 Gouldians , 5 shaft tails ,2 owl 6 society finches :-) [album][/album]

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Re: Lady Gouldian Love affair

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:16 pm

athens.asad

I've never heard a female gouldian sing. I do however have a female gouldian who is bonded to me and hand tame.

She stays with the flock and has bonded with a male, produced eggs (eventhough I didnt want her to breed) but she lays them, rolls them around, shows them to me proudly....then ignors them.

Introduce her to the flock and see how it goes. Every gouldian is different.