ATTACHMENTS

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
mick1933
Nestling
Nestling

ATTACHMENTS

Post by mick1933 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi can someone give me an idea as to how I add an attachment to my post. Regards.
10 Fyfe Canaries (bred a couple) ,2 pair of mosaic canaries,about 20 or so red factor canaries, 8 button quail, 1 fox terrier dogs (Roxi my girl dog died), no mice or rats but holes in the lawn.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: ATTACHMENTS

Post by lovezebs » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 pm

mick1933

Here is the official explanation...

http://www.finchforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=22710

I can tell you how I get pictures on here, which is the only way that has worked for me for a few years now...

This a copy from another earlier Thread in June 2017

I can tell you how I post pictures. It's the only way that works for me from my cell or my tablet (although other people do it differently).

First of all write your post, then...

1) Hit to the 'Preview' left of submit
2) Click on 'Choose file' down below Preview
3) Click on 'Document' when window pops up
4) Click on the desired 'File'
5) Then click on the desired 'Picture'
6) This should take you back to the Forum
7) Now click on 'Preview' once again, and your picture should appear below your post.

For example, I clicked on my Baby Birds File, then on a picture of Porky Pie, and there he is below my post as an attachment.

I hope it works for you.

Attachments:
20170903_211516.jpg

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ African Fires ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Ears ~ Stars ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Red Throat Parrot Finch ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Lavenders ~ Black and White Mannikins ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Good luck
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

mick1933
Nestling
Nestling

Post by mick1933 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:46 pm

Thanks Elana. I would never have worked that out by myself. Was able to get the attachments to file in "Housing". =D> Regards
10 Fyfe Canaries (bred a couple) ,2 pair of mosaic canaries,about 20 or so red factor canaries, 8 button quail, 1 fox terrier dogs (Roxi my girl dog died), no mice or rats but holes in the lawn.

mick1933
Nestling
Nestling

Post by mick1933 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:33 pm

By the way Elana did that budgie turn out to be a hen. I have been wondering? Regards

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:06 pm

mick1933

Hi Mick,

Did the pictures come through?

Yes, the little Budgie did turn out to be a girl, so you were 100% right (which doesn't surprise me with your years of experience with Budgies, lol).

Regretably, she is a very nervous flighty bird. Every time I so much as look at her, she just about has a nervous break down. Not sure what the problem is with that one.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

mick1933
Nestling
Nestling

Post by mick1933 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:21 am

Hi Elana. Sounds like she was aviary bred. Although some birds are nervous just like people. Put her in a small cage and put the radio on reasonably loud on a station where people are talking all the time and put the cage close to where people in the house are walking around. That should settle her down a bit. By now you have probably worked out that hen budgies bite. Regards.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 am

mick1933

Thanks for the advice Mick, I'll place a radio near by and see how she does with it.

As for biting... she is not a biter at this point, but then again after formerly handling Lovebirds for close to 20 years, Budgie bites don't impress me too much :lol: . Budgies can give a respectable pinch, but Lovebirds go for blood :(( .
~Elana~