Nesting

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Nesting

Post by Fraza » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Yep my option I would get rid of the nest and eggs.

First candle the eggs and see if they are fertile :mrgreen: goodluck
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3

Cra Cra
Pip
Pip

Post by Cra Cra » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:15 pm

Hi there
If I have 2 males will they sleep together in a nest at night?

Cra Cra
Pip
Pip

Post by Cra Cra » Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:16 pm

Will they interact together like a male and female??

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Cra Cra Yeo males become the bestest of pairs they make amzing nests together aswell with no girls around they focus on one nest and they can even get better bonded than a normal pair
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Cra Cra
Pip
Pip

Post by Cra Cra » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:57 pm

Awesome that is great to know....
Thank you
CraCra

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:13 am

Cra Cra ur welcome :mrgreen:
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Cra Cra
Pip
Pip

Post by Cra Cra » Mon May 07, 2018 1:42 pm

Hello everyone
I introduced 2 new m/f zebs to the cage. The 2 new m/f zebs are terrorizing my babes. What should I do? The new ones won't even let mine bath ....or mine are too scared! The new 2 have even bullied them out of the food foraging station.
HELP!!
CraCra

haroun
Incubating
Incubating

Post by haroun » Mon May 07, 2018 4:03 pm

Cra Cra wrote: Hello everyone
I introduced 2 new m/f zebs to the cage. The 2 new m/f zebs are terrorizing my babes. What should I do? The new ones won't even let mine bath ....or mine are too scared! The new 2 have even bullied them out of the food foraging station.
HELP!!
CraCra
this is the zebra's civil war , never [-X put 4 birds in same cage especially when they're 2 couples , one couple will dominates the other one and will chase and don't give them access to food and water , quickly separate each one in his own box or u will soon see victims
the rule is one couple per box or 3couple or more par box never 2 couples insame box

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Mon May 07, 2018 4:11 pm

Fraza

Last summer my little white Bengalese hen, Pyewacket, started laying like crazy. She laid something like 30 or 40 eggs over the course of a couple of months. By the end she was laying CONSTANTLY, an egg every single day. Even letting her "sit" them didn't stop the laying.

BUT it turned out she had a brain tumor. According to the person who performed the "autopsy", she had a brain tumor the size of a pea, which is huge when you consider their whole head is the size of a hazelnut. Hopefully that is not the case here. (Almost certainly not)
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Mon May 07, 2018 5:50 pm

Sojourner hopefully and that is crazy didnthe little girl survive

And my zebbie just laid a clutch of 8!!

Then my other finchie laid two clutches straght after another which were all fertile
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Mon May 07, 2018 5:59 pm

Fraza

Oh no no no! She looked AWFUL by the time she died. I actually thought she had an infected eye because it was so hugely swollen and DEAD. She would get hulls stuck to the eyeball and wouldn't even blink, that eye was TOTALLY dead.

I only found out because I was talking to a friend from college (Biology prof) who had a former grad student in the area. They used to do something with pigeons so he was well acquanted with birdy autopsies. He came over and got poor little Pyewacket's body THAT VERY DAY and did the autopsy to find out what killed her. My friend contacted him because I was so upset. The tumor definitely was the cause of the damage to her eye, and he suggested it was highly likely also the cause of her sudden bout of incessant laying.

There's a picture of her with that eye in the gallery somewhere. I won't go looking for it, its still too upsetting to me, but it was hideous, just hideous.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Turn towards home, and go there. Many overs, over woods and fields, streams and hills, many overs. Just turn towards home. How else would one go there? Perhaps it was a dream, and you have awakened from it. May the earth rise up beneath you, with home in your heart, and your person waiting.

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Mon May 07, 2018 9:33 pm

Cra Cra wrote: Hello everyone
HELP!!
CraCra
Seperate them as soon as possible, before something terrible happens to one of the babies (or adults). I would strongly advise not to add a new pair in with a pair that is currently raising babies. (Depending on cage size and personalities of course) If you do decide to house two pairs together (after the babies are weaned), you must first watch them closely for about a week or two. As soon as there is even a little fighting you must seperate them. I can house some pairs with other pairs and certain pairs cannot be housed with any others at all. I always have to watch them closely to start with.
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Tue May 08, 2018 3:04 am

Sojourner wow sounds like a bad time atleast you got the answer why
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Sojourner
2 Eggs Laid
2 Eggs Laid

Post by Sojourner » Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 am

Fraza

Actually it was a godsend and did make me feel better in a weird sort of way. Because at least I knew it wasn't my fault and that there was absolutely nothing to be done about it. I still feel awful (even now almost a year later) - but at least I don't feel GUILTY, too. Plus, I feel better about my ability to handle environmental issues to minimize the chances of laying. Because NOTHING was working there towards the end. Knowing there was a tumor behind it all really did help. I'm still leery of bringing in another hen but at least there's a glimmer of hope that I'll get over it eventually.
Molly Brown 11/22/15
Pyewacket 6/15/17
Trudy 2/24/18

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Post by Fraza » Wed May 09, 2018 2:54 am

Yep that’s the good news about it that it wasn’t ur fault it’s strange what things these birds can go through
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

YOUTUBE CHANNEL