new finch wednesday/ I woke up sick today

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

new finch wednesday/ I woke up sick today

Post by Phoenix811 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:20 pm

not to be graphic, but I threw up green bile this morning- this is the first time I have ever done so (which is a bit alarming) Im wondering if there is any connection to getting a new finch on Wednesday? possible virus? (although the bird himself seems fine) fortunately I have him caged separate from my other Finch. Just wondering if anyone has ever had this issue...thanks for reading

ann
Flirty Bird
Flirty Bird

Re: new finch wednesday/ I woke up sick today

Post by ann » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:04 pm

Phoenix811

Congratulations on your new bird, he looks great! No, he did not make you sick. Hope you are feeling better soon!
2 owls
2 red-faced parrot finches
1 parrot finch hybrid
4 societies
7 gouldians
2 canaries
2 cocker spaniels

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Phoenix811 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:39 pm

ann Thank u, Im sure its just a coincidence, figured I would check in with the experts here/ Im still relatively new to the Finch world lol :)

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 am

Hmmmm, I think it would be pretty rare for a bird to make a person sick? So don't think it would be from your bird... Anyway hope you are feeling better soon.
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Post by Phoenix811 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:28 pm

thank u Flight Feathers, I am feeling better, I think it was just stress/nerves from this whole transaction- the broker I purchased the bird from was unavailable for any questions etc I may have had, they gave me a tiny bit of electrolytes for the water and the bird was in an extreme state of shock- fortunately Ive received more guidance and advice from this forum of caring breeders/ bird owners <3