If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
DonnaWV
Pip
Pip

Post by DonnaWV » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Newbie, my Zebra finches have 2 eggs. Anything I need to do

1 Hahn's Macaw

Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Newbie

Post by Icearstorm » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:42 pm

DonnaWV

Welcome to the forum!

If you aren't doing so already, provide the birds with calcium and eggfood. Calcium should be available at all times, in the form of cooked eggshells, cuttlebone, ground shells, mineral blocks, and/or calcium drops in the water. Eggs should be offered every day when the finches are breeding; boiled eggs are probably the best, though dry eggfood works without going bad. I use Quiko Classic Egg Food most of the time.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:27 am

DonnaWV

You can get lots of information about breeding and what to do at www.finchinfo.com. With Zebras, as long as you supply calcium and eggfood, as Icerstorm has suggested, they usually do pretty well themselves. They are usually good parents, and the biggest problem with Zebras is getting them to stop breeding, they are like rabbits.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Flight Feathers
Brooding
Brooding

Post by Flight Feathers » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:10 am

Welcome to the forum from Flight Feathers Bird Home! Congrats on the eggs! I hope they hatch!
~Flight Feathers Bird Home~

14 Zebra Finches, 4 Budgies, 3 Cockatiels, 2 Canaries, 7 Chinese quail, 3 Bengalese Finches, 1 Turquoise Parrot, 1 Goldfinch

Now a member of the NZFBA!

http://www.thepictaram.club/instagram/f ... thersbirds