Best way to catch finches

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Fernando
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Re: Best way to catch finches

Post by Fernando » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Babs _Owner

"Fernando

Honey I wasn't chastising you, ... (sic)"

(Uaahhh. I've never lived in the USA, so I'm not used to how people generally speak to each other - or write in forums - over there, but I read this and thought, 'it gets worse by each post'. I did a quick search if it's only me who feels this is rudely inappropriate and condescending (written english is only my third language) and yes, the first pages I opened agreed that it is at least disrespectful. If I, as an adult man, would say this few words, I'd consider it mansplaining myself.) I'll take some time out now, cause my participation in this forum was meant to be for learning from other bird-keepers and sharing my limited knowledge, not for being called pet-names by unknown people.
I apologize to the thread starter, as this wasn't intended to end like this. Sorry to you, Kyra, I hope you've managed to catch the zebras and all birds are fine now.

Sheather
Proven
Proven

Post by Sheather » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:05 pm

Fernando

Every time you post you come across as more miserably unlikable. Snotty, rude, self-righteous, inflammatory all come to mind.
~Dylan

~~~

Dave
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by Dave » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:28 pm

Sheather, I always enjoy your posts, but the above post is pretty rough. I like reading Fernando as well, and his website is excellent.
Dave

Campbellsville, Kentucky, USA
Canaries

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Fernando

A quick lesson in me. I am from the south. We say "honey" "sweety" "dear" a lot. I apologize if my way of speaking upset you.

In person I grab a persons hand and look them in the eyes when I talk.

I hug, I love and I laugh A LOT. I'm extremely empathic. If someone cries, I start crying.

I adore all people. And my sense of humor can/will be sometimes off-collar and not politically correct.

One thing I am troubled about is the word "mansplaining"......it is a recently introduced word in the USA and an ugly intrusion into our English language. The idea of "mansplaining" is toxic and is meant to create division between male/female.

No one bows to me. I can't even get a pedicure because I can not bear to have another human kneel beneath me. It hurts my heart. So, I do my own pedicures.

So I hope this simple post helps you understand MY intentions better in the future.

Good job at working so hard at learning our language.