New to keeping finches

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
jf1mc2
Pip
Pip

New to keeping finches

Post by jf1mc2 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:32 am

Hello there,
I'm very new to the hobby of keeping finches, less than 6 months. I have one male and one female zebras, and they have produced a baby! I would like to keep the baby. My question is can I keep the baby in a separate cage next to the parents, indefinitely? Or do you think he/she will get lonely or bored in a cage on their own, even if it is next to the parents' cage? The baby is about a month old now.
Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

thanks
jf1mc2

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: New to keeping finches

Post by lovezebs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:44 am

jf1mc2

Zebra Finches, are extremely social creatures and need to be kept in pairs or groups. They love to cuddle together, sleep together, preen each other, etc.

Keeping baby in a cage next to the parents, will leave the baby feeling lonely and unhappy. I would recommend getting it a companion, or finding it a home with someone who has other Zebras.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

jf1mc2
Pip
Pip

Post by jf1mc2 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:54 pm

Ok, I will get it a companion.
thank you for the advice.
jf1mc2

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:32 pm

jf1mc2

You're most welcome.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~