can 2 male zebra finches live together?

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

can 2 male zebra finches live together?

Post by Tish » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 am

I was think about getting 2 zebra finches and was wondering can 2 male zebra finches live together? Or should I get a male and female?
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

Phoenix811
Nestling
Nestling

Re: can 2 male zebra finches live together?

Post by Phoenix811 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:14 am

yes. 2 males zebra's should get along fine, as long as they have enough space to fly around and there isnt one female zebra to fight over all should be well.
If u want to have a zebra family the male and female are very cute together, but u have to know how to breed them properly (so the female doesnt have egg binding and other issues) many great experts here can tell u more specifically about.) Good luck to u :)

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:47 pm

Just remember, if you decide to get a female, that Zebra finches multiply very quickly and you will have to find good homes for all the babies.

tex
Nestling
Nestling

Post by tex » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:13 am

Tish wrote: I was think about getting 2 zebra finches and was wondering can 2 male zebra finches live together? Or should I get a male and female?
I have two males, they are best pals and never fight

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovezebs » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:33 am

Tish

Two males, can live quite happily together.
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~