gouldian's and lighting question

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Tish
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

gouldian's and lighting question

Post by Tish » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:14 am

Is my living room light enough light for a gouldian finch or do they require a special light set up? Thinking about getting 2 gouldian's finches, but wondering if my living room light is fine or if I'd have to buy a certain light.
1 Cat ( Logan), 2 Rosy Bourkes (Pip & Kiki), 2 Guinea Pigs (Biscuit & Gizmo), 1 Syrian Hamster (Sammy), 1 Russian Dwarf Hamster (Peanut), 4 Gerbils ( Shiloh & Emma) & (Lilly & Rose)

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: gouldian's and lighting question

Post by lovezebs » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:40 am

Tish

If you have a bright sunny window, they will enjoy some daily sunlight (as long as you allow some shade in the flight as well).

Usually if kept in the living room, it will be a good idea to cover their flight cage in the evenings, keeping their days as close to natural daylight hours as possible.

You can purchase special bird lamps, and there are some articles on the forum which you can search and read..
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~