Ill or just personality?

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
Basic_Noodle
Pip
Pip

Ill or just personality?

Post by Basic_Noodle » Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Hi,

I have recently taken home two zebra finches. (any other commonly missed tips and tricks are also welcome :) )

One of the two is very active, always making a very high pitch cheep (more standard bird-like than zebra finch sounds ive seen in videos before. Was not prepared for this haha, was mostly expecting constant zebra finch beeps), and is literally almost always flying or playing.

The other is a bit lazier; still flies around, still plays, but about half the time is just sat on this little wood platform they have. They're also more fluffy/poofy than the other one, and seems a little bit more scared of me.

Is this likely to be a sign of illness, or just their personality, or because they're just less used to their new home (it's only been 2 days)?

Thanks,

Evan

Fraza
Molting
Molting

Re: Ill or just personality?

Post by Fraza » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:28 am

Basic_Noodle the more active one is probably the most dominant so it is making it clear around the cage and the other one is probably just still nervous around the new environment , they will be fine after there first week in the cage
FINCHES I HAVE
Bengalese
zebras
Java sparrows
Silver bills
java x beng hybrid

PETS IVE HAD
dogs
Fish
Cocktiel
Doves
Hybrid cherry x Bengalese
Stars
Heck’s
Canary’s

My favourite is COCO my grey pearl society cock been here since the start my flock leader

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=fraser% ... de101&sm=3