Feeding young Gouldians

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
birdsfly
Pip
Pip

Feeding young Gouldians

Post by birdsfly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:28 am

Hello to all, This is my first post again, tried 3 times to put in a message but not this one will come back to the first long one after I see if this one works.
I am very new to all this, Last Sunday morning had a dead very young bird on the floor of the aviary I think it was a Zebra Finch it was too young to have got out of the nest box on its own so must have been thrown out.
I have had a pair of Gouldians in a nest box for around 8 to 9 days always seems to be one in the box, and I think they both sleep in there at night, I obviously have plenty of seed in the aviary plus I give them treats, like today Boiled egg plus some crush egg shell, tomato broccali other days, Banana, Apple, Melon etc.
My Question is what am I supposed to give the parents to eat for the young birds if they hatch?
Look forward to any replies if this one shows up, Thank you from Barry

paul-inAZ
3 Eggs Laid
3 Eggs Laid

Re: Feeding young Gouldians

Post by paul-inAZ » Thu Oct 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Keep up what you are doing now.
That is a complete diet bordering on luxurious that will allow the parents to feed the chicks beautifully.

Good luck with the brood.

finchman
Fledgeling
Fledgeling

Re: Feeding young Gouldians

Post by finchman » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:29 pm

I agree with Paul. Protein is important for growing chicks (eggs). Sounds like your birds are very well cared for!