Hi me again

If you are new to the hobby and have some "newbie" questions - feel free to post them here! :0)
birdsfly
Pip
Pip

Hi me again

Post by birdsfly » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:24 pm

Hello again to all, well everything seems ok now, my previous message a while ago has had two replies already so thank you Paul in AZ and Finchman.
I have never had birds before but decided about two months ago that I would like an aviary so set about building one it is 19 feet long, 6 feet wide and 6 feet high, on 24 August bought 5 pairs of various colours Zebra finches on 6 Sept bought 2 pairs of Gouldians, one is Yellow one is a Blue the other pair are Green backs with Black face.
One of these green back spends all day on the aviary floor and not interested in a mate, I at first thought he could not fly properly but thats not the case he gets up on the perches at night no problem why does he spend all the time on the floor ?
As I said in my previous message two of the Gouldians have paired up the green back and the blue one have been in the nest box possibly 8 days or more am worried about disturbing them in the mornings when I change the seed and water.
I have already had eggs laid from the Zebras but they threw some out and left the rest plus had a very young dead bird on the aviary floor on Sunday morning. Why ?
Enclosed a few pictures.
I live in Spain although I am English
From Barry
Attachments
007.JPG