Finches and Humming Birds?

An area to discuss topics relevant to softbills.
rkn
Mature
Mature

Finches and Humming Birds?

Post by rkn » Mon May 05, 2008 9:38 am

Do finches (the passive types) get along with humming birds? There is a man who has a problem with humming birds and literally catches them and tries to remove them from his garage. It doesn't work and he is now thinking of spraying them. So I told him if he had one instead of killing it with some chemical give it to me and I will put into my finch garden. Ok I know this is NOT politically correct but is better then some older man spraying and killing nests and nest of humming birds! He says if they are released they find their way back which i guess they could do that since many species migrate. So touchy subject and not really one I ever thought would cross my path but what to do? I am wondering if they'd even mix with finches and if so would they thrive? I recall seeing a public garden aviary whiched houses several types of each and what actually really neat. It was in FL. though....

So other then trying to talk some sence into this cranky old gentleman to be kind to all animals even the lil birds, do you think they'd mix even temporay until we could find a better solution? This guy says they are like a swarm of bees and quite thick in his garage! wierd huh....

please no flames as I know is illegal to have a humming bird but want to save them instead of seeing them sprayed with ????

rkn

Bonzo
Mature
Mature

Post by Bonzo » Mon May 05, 2008 11:50 am

perhaps if the man or you contacted the State wildlife people or whomever takes charge of that kind of problem, maybe they would catch an then release them, Just a thought,
Anything is better than the man Killing them :cry: :x :evil:

I Myself could never sleep at night knowing they were KILLED #-o [-X