purple honey creepers.

An area to discuss topics relevant to softbills.
Icearstorm
Weaning
Weaning

Re: purple honey creepers.

Post by Icearstorm » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:27 pm

There, I'm back.

Just something to think about: some people are usually using this site as an information source without posting (i.e. lurkers); extra information members provide can be helpful to these lurkers, even if it isn't as helpful to the original poster.

I can't speak for others, but sometimes I provide more information than is useful to freshen up my memory and improve my writing skills. Some of these "miniature articles" have helped me get feedback and write better-quality works. (Then again, I'm not sure it matters, because few people care to read the real articles... Oh well.)

Just about everyone on this thread has helped me in some way. This site and the members of it are great sources of information, but sometimes personalities aren't compatible and communication can be somewhat diminished.

Hopefully it doesn't seem like I'm picking sides or being aggressive. (But I am being intentionally vague.) I would prefer to stay neutral, as many of the points raised are valid. Plus, people probably wouldn't appreciate if I started playing devil's advocate.

Babs _Owner
Molting
Molting

Post by Babs _Owner » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:46 pm

Icearstorm

Agreed.

And its important to note this is a global forum with many people who dont use english as their first language. Some people may come across differently than intended. ;)

wildbird
Brooding
Brooding

Post by wildbird » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:08 pm

So glad that those birds have a wonderful environment to live in. That's all that matters.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:20 pm

Please remember to keep all discussions friendly and civil. Comments should be helpful, criticism is not.

@katie You may find a few who are not helpful, but others have tried to help you and give you encouragement. Please don't judge the group as a whole, that really isn't fair to those who have given you good advice.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org