Finches from the Finchfarm...Update

Share your favorite books and links here.
bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Re: Finches from the Finchfarm...............

Post by bugaboo5 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:52 pm

She would have responded to both of your PMs if she could. Her nature is always to help others when she can. I believe her email address is candoaviary (at) yahoo (dot) com. Otherwise, you should be able to contact her via Facebook at either one of her pages:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cando-Av ... 3038613845

or

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cage-Bir ... 3059529986

As far as I know, Candace and Q (purplejasminevn) were both asked to leave. I'm not sure about the details, as it happened over the summer when I was vacationing in Spain for two months.
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~

finchlyn
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by finchlyn » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:27 pm

I stopped by Cage Bird Menagerie yesterday and picked up another pair of gouldians !!!! These are black headed normal greenbacks and they are beautiful. She had a pair of Orange Headed ones that I want also...but my pocket book isn't that big. My next purchase is a new camera (if my son doesn't buy me one for my birdthday). My old camera is fogged...so not worth trying to even post pictures. It is time for a better camera anyway. I will post pictures when I can so you can see how pretty they are.

I told Candace I had joined some of the forums and groups she recommended. And told her some people were asking about her and asking why she wasn't here anymore. She told me the administrator banned her because she was a cyber bully and then she laughed alot. But said she didn't want to get into it and that she had no hard feelings. That is why she has no problems recommending people to this forum and that most of the members are really nice and helpful. She is so nice I can't imagine she to be a bully.
Bugaboo5, she said she had your email address and would send you an email soon and thank you for all your kind words. Also said anybody wanting to contact her can through her 2 sites where her phone and email information is listed. She did want to talk with Chase about store purchases. Said she cannot find your email address any longer. And that she was sorry about no response but she never got the private messages. She wished everyone the best with their birds and said to let her friends know she is very happy and busier than ever birding.

lyzzyjayne, While at the her bird store I looked at the calendar for the bird fair and the Jacksonville one is Feb. 10, 2013 at National Guard Armory 9900 Normandy Blvd. 9 to 5 Sunday and cost $4
she said she may go as a shopper but will not be a vendor at this one. She does do the fairs in Tallahassee.
I would love to go to a bird fair but Jacksonville may be to far for me to drive, plus I probably have to work that Sunday.
Last edited by Sally on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Removed link.

lyzzyjayne
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by lyzzyjayne » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:31 pm

finchlyn wrote: I stopped by Cage Bird Menagerie yesterday and picked up another pair of gouldians !!!! These are black headed normal greenbacks and they are beautiful. She had a pair of Orange Headed ones that I want also...but my pocket book isn't that big. My next purchase is a new camera (if my son doesn't buy me one for my birdthday). My old camera is fogged...so not worth trying to even post pictures. It is time for a better camera anyway. I will post pictures when I can so you can see how pretty they are.

I told Candace I had joined some of the forums and groups she recommended. And told her some people were asking about her and asking why she wasn't here anymore. She told me the administrator banned her because she was a cyber bully and then she laughed alot. But said she didn't want to get into it and that she had no hard feelings. That is why she has no problems recommending people to this forum and that most of the members are really nice and helpful. She is so nice I can't imagine she to be a bully.
Bugaboo5, she said she had your email address and would send you an email soon and thank you for all your kind words. Also said anybody wanting to contact her can through her 2 sites where her phone and email information is listed. She did want to talk with Chase about store purchases. Said she cannot find your email address any longer. And that she was sorry about no response but she never got the private messages. She wished everyone the best with their birds and said to let her friends know she is very happy and busier than ever birding.

lyzzyjayne, While at the her bird store I looked at the calendar for the bird fair and the Jacksonville one is Feb. 10, 2013 at National Guard Armory 9900 Normandy Blvd. 9 to 5 Sunday and cost $4
she said she may go as a shopper but will not be a vendor at this one. She does do the fairs in Tallahassee.
I would love to go to a bird fair but Jacksonville may be to far for me to drive, plus I probably have to work that Sunday.
Wonderful! Thank You finchlyn! I will be at that one with bells on (and empty cages) :wink: maybe I'll see her there shopping. :)
Last edited by Sally on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed link.
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

1 Blue Pacific Parrotlet Female,1 Peach Faced Lovebird Female, a Plethora of Finches, Java Sparrows, Canaries, 2 dogs and 1 Loving Husband~

finchlyn
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by finchlyn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:55 am

lyzzyjayne,
If I do get to go to the bird fair, I would love to meet you there :D

lyzzyjayne
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by lyzzyjayne » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:06 pm

OK! :)
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

1 Blue Pacific Parrotlet Female,1 Peach Faced Lovebird Female, a Plethora of Finches, Java Sparrows, Canaries, 2 dogs and 1 Loving Husband~

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:22 am

This was recently posted by Lisa in the Species forum under the topic Orange Cheeked Waxbills. I have copied that post here in this thread, because it is further information on this vendor. If there is a breakdown in communication or if birds are not being shipped as promised, then people really need to be careful in dealing with this vendor for the time being. As Lisa did, using a credit card for payment gives you the ability to contest the charges and get your money back if you do not receive the birds you ordered.

Hate to hear this, as there are so few places to buy birds these days. I am going to move this whole thread to the Resources forum, where many of us search for recommendations. And to avoid confusion, this is the Finch Farm that is located in Washington/Oregon.
Lisa wrote: Not trying to scare anybody but wanted to share some info about The Finch Farm that has recently come to light.

On Saturday, Feb. 23rd, I placed an order for some finches from the Finch Farm. I immediately received a receipt for the full purchase on credit card via PayPal and also a letter from Shirley, the owner, saying thank you for your purchase, we will contact you in a few days to arrange shipping. As it was Saturday, I thought they'll contact me on Monday. Monday came and went and nothing. So Tuesday I phoned them and was unable to get Shirley on the phone - I was told she was swamped with calls and too busy. The person I spoke to, David, seemed very nice and told me they are very backlogged with orders and he would ask Shirley to return my call. I never did get a return call from Shirley (still waiting). But here's where things get problematic, I belong to a finch group on Facebook. One of the other members recently (about 1.5 weeks ago) placed an order for some finches as well. She also paid in full immediately and was told (by Jeff) they would ship this past Monday. Monday came and went and no birds. When she called to inquire, she spoke to both Jeff and Shirley (separately) and it turns out there is some big feud going on between them. Jeff has possession of ALL of the birds and is the only one who knows how to properly ship but HAS LEFT THE COMPANY. Shirley, on the other hand, has the business .. but no birds or knowledge of how to process the shipping orders. This other person has been told it could take WEEKS to get her order. She is also quite shocked that they even accepted my money as it was already known by that point there was a BIG problem. It sounds like your money was also taken AFTER the fact. I just wanted to share with you what I have been told. I will keep you posted on anything else I hear... please do the same. I had heard so many good things about this place but now I'm really starting to get nervous. If they do not communicate with me within the next few days about what is being done, I think I am going to dispute my credit card change and cancel my order.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

thomasly
Pip
Pip

Re: Finches from the Finchfarm...Update

Post by thomasly » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:05 am

Awesome, thanks for the info :D

finchfunaddict
Hatchling
Hatchling

Post by finchfunaddict » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:10 pm

Well Lisa I still haven't heard anything positive. Shirley said she would get back to me. I am sure she is busy. I would love to keep this positive but the truth is we just don't know what will happen. Shirley I think is a member now of this forum and I did ask her to possibly post something to reasure us. I definitely need it as it took me months to decide that I could mentally handle shipping a bird. I don't know if the question is when or if we will get our birds.I will probably ask for my money back tomorrow or friday. If they get organized and can assure delivery in a timely fashion I would be more than happy to order from them. The other Lisa....
Lisa

Lisa
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Lisa » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:47 pm

Well Lisa I still haven't heard anything positive. Shirley said she would get back to me. I am sure she is busy. I would love to keep this positive but the truth is we just don't know what will happen. Shirley I think is a member now of this forum and I did ask her to possibly post something to reasure us. I definitely need it as it took me months to decide that I could mentally handle shipping a bird. I don't know if the question is when or if we will get our birds.I will probably ask for my money back tomorrow or friday. If they get organized and can assure delivery in a timely fashion I would be more than happy to order from them. The other Lisa....
Yes, I can't say I feel very positive either. I emailed Shirley yesterday and she immediately responded by calling me. She confirmed the whole we don't currently have the finches story and seemed quite distressed about word getting out on the web, people getting upset. She seemed to sincerely believe this will be resolved soon. She also mentioned wanting to be able to become a member here and on Finchaholics so she could post some sort of public statement reassuring people. She told me it would probably take a week but I will get my birds. I asked her if she is unable to get them back from Jeff, what is her plan? Like do they have an order placed for a large amount of birds from Birds Express or something? She said no, they are relying on getting the birds back from him and felt adamant that the law is on their side. While I don't doubt this, in the back of my mind - I'm thinking, well, if the police were called, they would have already taken action. If they're waiting on the courts to order this, this could take MONTHS (if not longer). I told her I would prefer the birds rather than a refund but that I would only give it a week and then dispute the charges. I guess the two things that concern me most is that they appear to still be actively taking orders for new finches while this situation goes on and they haven't even been able to settle up the past orders. Secondly, you'd almost think it'd be better business practice to just refund everyone's money and say we will contact you when things are settled so that you may place your order at that time, we will honor any sale prices, etc. I'm going to wait a few days as I told her, but I don't have a good feeling about the outcome. I don't think they are trying to scam people, but even with the best of intentions, if you don't have the birds, well... you don't have the birds.

bugaboo5
Weaning
Weaning

Post by bugaboo5 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:35 am

I would recommend everyone to stay calm and try to be patient for one week. I think it is horrible to have conflict/disagreement and involve living birds! How cruel. I'm not sure the nature of the disagreements between Shirley and Jeff, but I pray that they get this rectified quickly, for not only the sakes of those of you who have placed orders, but also for the welfare of the poor birds caught in the midst of this foolery.

I can understand everyone's nervous reactions to this unfortunate event and certainly the situation could have been handled better. But given the Finch Farm's past services, let us give this small American business a fighting chance. Worst case scenario: you will absolutely get your money back.

I know it is hard to have patience and calm during such uncertain times, but I would urge everyone to just give these two individuals time to sort out their differences. God willing, everyone will have their birds soon -- healthy and beautiful. In the mean time, I will be praying that a Higher Power puts some sense into the minds and hearts of those who have caused this unfortunate incident to unfold.

Let us be patient and resilient! Certainly good news is on the way. [-o<
God is my redeemer and it is through Him I have found eternal happiness. I am grateful, I am blessed, and I am truly loved. I wish all this and more for all members of our finch forum family. May you all be blessed and highly favored. <3

~*Friend, companion, and caretaker for too many birds to count.*~

debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by debbie276 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:41 am

I guess the two things that concern me most is that they appear to still be actively taking orders for new finches while this situation goes on and they haven't even been able to settle up the past orders. Secondly, you'd almost think it'd be better business practice to just refund everyone's money and say we will contact you when things are settled so that you may place your order at that time, we will honor any sale prices, etc.
Absolutely agree with you here! And this is from the place that's under new management and an improvement from the past not up to par services?
Hope all works out for all that have been waiting for birds.
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

Lisa
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Lisa » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:21 am

Just wanted to post the latest... my birds finally shipped yesterday and are due to arrive tomorrow :-SS

Honestly, I was quite surprised as the last I spoke to Shirley she didn't really have any answers for how she'd get the birds back. Then suddenly she emailed me on Sunday night saying the birds would ship Monday or Tuesday. By Tuesday, I hadn't heard anything and emailed her but got no response all day. I woke up this morning and suddenly had tracking info in my email to greet me. The birds are being flown from Seattle and are guaranteed arrival by 3pm tomorrow. Will let everyone know how it goes when I receive them. My other friend who ordered a week or more before me still has not yet received her birds so I don't know that they are totally out of the water service-wise yet. Perhaps I just picked species that were easier for them to fulfill (2 shaft tails, 1 lavender waxbill, 1 african silverbill).

lyzzyjayne
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by lyzzyjayne » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am

Whew! Please let us know! [-o<

debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by debbie276 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:49 am

Hope you get them soon and in good health [-o<
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

Ginene
Molting
Molting

Post by Ginene » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:53 am

The whole thing is very strange...I actually emailed Jeff 2 days ago with a question regarding the finches I bought from him in January and he responded within a few hours with great advice. I really hope they can work things out, because he is a very nice guy and loves his birds very much. Hope everyone is as happy with their birds from the farm as I am :D .