Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth

Share your favorite books and links here.
Kathryn
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth

Post by Kathryn » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 am

Has anyone ever purchased from Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth. I cannot get the owner to contact me back. I feel perplexed. :shock: I'd like to purchase the pair of Bearded Tits.

Thanks in advanvce!
Heck's Shaft-tails: Logan & Phoenix
Chocolate Societies: Anthony John Soprano, Sr. (Antin) & Carmela Soprano (Carm)
Gouldians: Coraline, Crimson, Sunkist, Marcheline, Harlow, Horizon, Orion, Tallulah, Bijoux, Lhuillier & Cartier

nixity
Molting
Molting

Re: Bird Product.com/Arizona Birds For Sale/Paradise Earth

Post by nixity » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:37 pm

I have never heard of them before, sorry :?

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm

Never heard of them either. They apparently have a huge selection, which tends to make me think broker or broker/breeder, rather than simply breeder. It is good to try to get references on anyone you have not dealt with before--the old adage 'buyer beware' applies in aviculture too.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Domenic
Weaning
Weaning

Post by Domenic » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:18 pm

Sally just PMed me the website for this because they will be attending the bird mart in my area this Sunday. After a quick glance at the website I realized that I already know the man and woman who run this company (David and Marie Calvin) and I even purchased a pair of cordon bleus from them last November. They used to be called AZBIRDS, and they had a very nice collection. Their birds were almost all very healthy and it tip top shape, and the had the cleanliest table and cages of any of the brokers. I was very impressed by their selection, and they had decent prices. I do believe they are brokers of most of their birds, but the wife told me that they raised their cordon bleus in massive outdoor aviaries. I assume they breed some of their other species this way too, but I don't know which ones.

You may not be able to contact them because their contact form on their website appears to be faulty. Here's their email so you can contact them directly:
azbirds@gmail.com

I will be attending the bird mart this Sunday, and I will give everyone an updated progress report on what I see. I'll take pics too!
Zebra, Orange cheeks, Owls, Gouldians, Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus, Goldbreasts, Black Face Fires, & Button Quail

http://www.Ironsidecomputers.com

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Have fun at the bird show :D

metinemre
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by metinemre » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 am

It`s been 3 years since this topic was created but i`d like to pass my experience with them.

We purchased our green singers and gb waxbills from their massive outdoor aviaries in Scottsdale Arizona. Met David in person there and he helped us to pick species then he catched them for us :) Their place is like a big bird zoo. Hard to explain or visualize with words but their place is massive, you feel like it`s national geographic birds episode. They have thousands of birds, different species indoor and outdoor aviaries. Both me and my wife; we felt so lucky to see their aviaries and pick the birds in person. It was a stunning experience. I`d definitely purchase from them again and probably only from them after seeing how clean and organised their place and how much David helped us. From what he told us all his business started as a hobby in a back yard with a small outdoor aviary and now he is exporting and selling all around. He also told us it`s harder to contact him during summer because they leave Arizona and live in st. Diego till it cools down in the valley which i can`t blame them :)
pair of green singers
had to give away everything else due to allergies :(

lyzzyjayne
CocoFiber Craftsman
CocoFiber Craftsman

Post by lyzzyjayne » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:54 am

metinemre, How fortunate for you to be able to have toured the facility! I, too have purchased birds from them just recently. I have never had birds shipped before and was very impressed with David and Marie. It does my heart so good to know that the facility reflects they way things should be. I highly recommend them as well and they have an amazing variety. :)
“Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened.” - Anatole France

1 Blue Pacific Parrotlet Female,1 Peach Faced Lovebird Female, a Plethora of Finches, Java Sparrows, Canaries, 2 dogs and 1 Loving Husband~

debbie276
Bird Brain
Bird Brain

Post by debbie276 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:40 am

Their facility looks very nice with a large and changing variety of birds. They sure must have reliable employees to be able to leave for the summer. :)

They do look like brokers rather then breeders though. I didn't see any nest boxes or hint that they breed the birds in the videos.
http://www.birdproduct.com/about-us/

Do you know if their rainforest concept ever got started or done? The website makes it sound like it's still not finished or even started.
http://www.paradiseearth.com/index.html
Now that would be something to see! :D
Debbie
long time breeder of lady gouldians:
Green
SF Pastel (SF Yellow)
Pastel (Yellow)
Blue
SF Pastel Blue (SF Yellow Blue)
Pastel Blue (Yellow Blue)

GREAT articles on avian lighting:
https://mickaboo.org/confluence/downloa ... ummary.pdf
http://www.naturallighting.com/cart/sto ... sc_page=56

Sunbay
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by Sunbay » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:24 am

I purchased a lovely pair of Opal-Rumped Tanagers from them. Bright, lively and healthy-looking. Promptly flown in a clean, well-prepared shipping box.

They did not do well here, at no fault of the seller. They were obviously kept in a HUGE outdoor aviary, and were not happy in a large indoor aviary/flight. I rehomed them within a week to a great home that has the proper huge aviaries they needed.

8)
Lauren

Purple Grenadiers
Blue Dacnis
Blue-Capped Cordon Bleus
Painted Finches
Black-Faced Fire Finches
Black-Bellied Fire Finches
Gloster Corona Canary
African Quailfinches
NFSS, NCBS Member and CITES permit holder
English Cocker Spaniels

mayble
Sisal Slave
Sisal Slave

Post by mayble » Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:00 am

I was pleased overall with my experience with them. I contacted them after the birds arrived and mentioned that a couple of them arrived plucked or injured from their time in transit, and David offered me credits, discounts, etc to make up for their condition, which I thought was very nice as he certainly didn't have to.
I will definitely look to them again when I'm ready to add to my flock. Their selection is outstanding - their website is like a wish-book.

Grant
Mature
Mature

Post by Grant » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 am

debbie276 Interesting question about Paradise Earth. It sounds rather grandiose in its scope. I cannot tell from the website where they are planning to put a facility like this.

You know, it seems rather strange to build a rainforest education/conservation/research facility in Arizona. Wouldn't it require unsustainable amounts of water to keep it going?
Grant

1 Yorkshire Terrier and 1 Chihuahua

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am

I tried to look at the videos of their operation, but they didn't work for me. Very slow to load, and then the first one played only the sound, no picture. The second oen was taking forwver to load, so I gave up.

I too would wonder why someone in AZ would attempt a rainforest environment, unless it is to be inside a building. Outside, I would think it woiuld be difficult to keep it humid enough for a rainforest.
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

Grant
Mature
Mature

Post by Grant » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:17 pm

Sally: It is an indoor facility according to the video, sort of like a botanical garden and research facility. But still, gardens like that require a lot of water and where is it supposed to come from?
Grant

1 Yorkshire Terrier and 1 Chihuahua

metinemre
Persistent Pursuer
Persistent Pursuer

Post by metinemre » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:32 pm

They have two very large houses in their land. One of them is for birds. Indoor and outdoor aviaries and plenty of space. I did see bird eggs in glass top boxes looked like hatcheries around. Maybe they breed some certain type of birds not all of them.
pair of green singers
had to give away everything else due to allergies :(

Learning Finch
Callow Courter
Callow Courter

Post by Learning Finch » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:00 pm

I bought a dozen birds from them last month. The birds are all doing well. I don't believe they breed they just import. The place is amazing. He has a large barn that houses his seed products and indoor non aclamated birds. Then there is a rather
LArge maze of individual cages about 8x8x8 around 20 or them with all kinds of birds. He even has larger flights for very expensive exotic zoo type birds. He has a large netted aviary of his own also it's prob 1/4 acre about 30' high. Little pond inside. His prices are a little high I'm currently using his seed and egg food. The birds love the seed not to sure about the egg food.