red winged pytilia

For more specific questions related to the many varieties of captive finches.
Zebby
Pip
Pip

red winged pytilia

Post by Zebby » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am

Hi there,

Just wondering has anybody on here ever owned a red winged pytilia? I've gone to an aviary today to have a look at what they have there (mainly looking out for owl finches or zebras) and saw 2 of these birds and they looked ever so cute. Just the way they behaved, super friendly and curious.. so i thought i'd ask here if anyone has had any experience with them?
Thanks ever so much in advance.

lovezebs
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: red winged pytilia

Post by lovezebs » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:43 pm

Zebby

Hi,

Honestly I don't recall anyone on the forum keeping them, but then I might ve wrong.

Personally iI know very little about them other than what I'I've read. If you saw them at a breeders place, you could always ask the breeder for first hand information about the species ...

Here is a little write up about them:

http://www.finchinfo.com/birds/finches/ ... ytilia.php
~Elana~

Linnies~ Canaries ~ Zebras ~ Societies ~ Gouldians ~ Orange Cheeks ~ Shaft Tails ~ Strawberries ~ Red Cheek Cordon Bleu ~ Goldbreasts ~ Red Brows ~ Owls ~ Budgies ~ Diamond Firetails ~ Javas ~ Forbes Parrot Finches ~

Zebby
Pip
Pip

Re: red winged pytilia

Post by Zebby » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:47 am

Thank you very much for your reply and link, appreciated! I have never known anyone who owned these birds and personally never looked for them, but when i saw them in an aviary they looked ever so friendly and just fell in live with them a little :) if i ever get a pair i'll post some pictures.
Thanks again!