Posting Events on the Calendar

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Posting Events on the Calendar

Post by Sally » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:44 pm

Only moderators and administrators will be able to post events on the calendar, so if everyone would just continue to post their marts/fairs/shows in the Events section, we can periodically go thru and enter them on the calendar.

I've already noticed that it is easy for the calendar to get cluttered, so I think it is best to put the location of an event on the date on the calendar, then anyone can click on that event to get further information. That way, anyone searching for local events can go thru and find those that are near them. They will also be listed on the calendar as all-day events for marts/fairs/shows, and then opening and closing times can be listed with the further information.

If you will post the city and state (or country if outside the U.S.)location and name of the event, date, time, entrance fees, and anything else you think is pertinent, then we can have all of that available.

I'll go thru the events that are already posted and get those caught up in the next few days.

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Re: Posting Events on the Calendar

Post by Sally » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:09 pm

Just checking to see how the calendar is working for everyone. There weren't too many events in March, but thought I'd try to get some feedback. With listing just the city and state (or country) for each event, the calendar will stay cleaner looking and not get too disorganized. When available, I have posted a link for an event, so if you see something you are interested in, you can click the link and get all the information such as times, entrance fees, etc.

If you have any suggestions, please post them.

Thanks!
3 Purple Grenadiers, 1 Goldbreast + 1 cat.

National Finch & Softbill Society - http://www.nfss.org

CandoAviary
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by CandoAviary » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:19 pm

I love it. Good job to the creator and Sally for posting. =D> It is always nice to see what is going on around the finch world :D

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:25 pm

Thanks, Candace, I love it too! And I was the one who resisted at first, saying I didn't have time to keep up with it! :roll: :oops: It really doesn't take much time, and the one thing newbies have always had a problem with was finding out about marts and shows. NFSS is starting a calendar function too, so I will start checking over there for anything we should have on our calendar.

And Hilary put a lot of those events on the calendar. I was feeling puny for a few days, and by the time I went to do it, she had taken care of it.

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:57 pm

I feel silly - but where is the calendar?

Also, is there any way for this particular section to have the active topics highlighted when someone posts like the other sections do?

It alerts me that there is a new message, but when I click into the events section, there's no difference in color between the various topics..

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:57 pm

Tiffany, when you first open the forum, at the bottom of the page on the Board Index, there is a small calendar showing the current week. But on the left, down below the Tip Jar, is a listing for Calendar, Phoogle Map, The team. Click on Calendar, and you should get the full calendar. Then click on any city event, and you will get a full listing for that event.

You should be getting the little yellow marks showing which topics are new topics--I get that on my computer. I am not computer savvy enough to understand why you aren't getting the same thing I am--maybe someone on here who knows more about computers can help you with that.

nixity
Molting
Molting

Post by nixity » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:34 am

Sally wrote: You should be getting the little yellow marks showing which topics are new topics--I get that on my computer. I am not computer savvy enough to understand why you aren't getting the same thing I am--maybe someone on here who knows more about computers can help you with that.
The only ones I don't get/see it on are the topics in the "Events" heading for some strange reason :/

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:34 am

I'm asking for everyone's help in maintaining the event calender. I just found out there was a 2-day bird mart in the New Orleans area this weekend, and my friend from Orlando just called and said he is on the way to a bird show in Florida. If you hear of any bird shows or marts, and you don't see them posted on the calender, please start a topic here under Events, and then I will get it on the calender for everyone to see. Thanks!

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 am

When you post an event here for me to put on the calendar, it would really help if you can give a website for the mart/show/fair, if available. That way, anyone who is interested can check there for further information, and who knows, it might lead to more membership for the local bird clubs that put on many of these shows!

Sally
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by Sally » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:09 pm

There are lots of new events posted on the calendar, some of them coming up quite soon. If you hear of something in your area, be it show, fair, or mart, please post it here in the Events forum so it can get added to the calendar. Many of these events are not advertised a lot locally.

MLaRue
Proven
Proven

Post by MLaRue » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Can someone add the show in TN to this coming weekend calendar schedule? Please...

lovemyfinch
Mod Extraordinaire
Mod Extraordinaire

Post by lovemyfinch » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:56 pm

Done :wink:
Janine

shaftails,gouldians,societies,green singers,owls,cubans, and 1 parrotlet

MLaRue
Proven
Proven

Post by MLaRue » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:19 pm

lovemyfinch wrote:Done :wink:
Thank you Thank you :)

DanteD716
Good Egg
Good Egg

Post by DanteD716 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:29 pm

probaly a stupid question... where is the calender?
Dante

william
Amateur Architect
Amateur Architect

Post by william » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:20 pm

sorry Sally i cant figure out where to post this so i figure i give you some work :lol: . January 6th Tallahassee FL, Bird Land Tallahassee Celebration and Sale – Miccosukee Land Coop Community Center 9601 Miccosuke Rd Tallahassee FL 32309 – Sunday 10AM to 4PM Contact Renee Ewart 850-933-8656, birdlandtallahassee@gmail.com ...............January 13th - Orlando FL - Exotic Bird Events Inc - Central Florida Fairground 4603 W Colonial Dr – The largest “All Exotic Bird Event” in Florida – Sunday 9am – 4pm – Admission $5 Children under 10 FREE Admission fee includes one free door prize ticket per admission – Contact Debbie Tillman 386-383-4295 – website: http://www.exoticbirdevents.com